Blog #1

 5 News Sources

As a college student I don't have much time to sit down in front of the TV to watch the news but I do have time to pick up my phone and scroll. I follow a few new accounts on TikTok like @ABCNews, @somegoodnewsofficial, and @underthedesknews. This ensures that I will be able to look at the news in a way that better fits with my schedule. I can wake up in the morning and run to class with a few minutes to spare and scroll through tik tok and see if Putin has fired and nukes yet. 


The daily news has a page on snap chat that shows up and is mostly populated with celebrity news and a few pieces of political or global news. But through that site on snapchat you can easily visit the actual daily news website. Here there is an assortment of articles, not just celebrity gossip. Here I can choose if I would like to read about health, travel, science ect. There are a multitude of different news stories from different countries allowing me to read about the UK or Australian news. I find it a great quick way to stay connected and informed not just socially but globally.

 

Oh well it’s technically an online service provider it is also one of my emails. I will say it has a large news page with a variety of stories. I personally find the layout very attractive because it all comes with pictures and descriptions so I know what I am about to read. The one downside to the site is that it does have a lot of ads that I find a bit annoying. This is a page where I can read an article about Snoop Dogg then an article about the governor of Florida passing a new law right after.


Reddit is a place where you can read about and communicate with people who have similar interests with you. If you’ve ever scrolled through it you know that in the directory  there are thousands of different communities you could look at for each letter of the alphabet. I like to look at it as an information dumb. I can look anywhere and I can learn some new information about a different thing each time I visit. Of course not everything is verified so any questions could be confirmed by looking at another source but it is a great place to expose yourself to many new things.


I am from Massachusetts and grew up in a home where we did read the Boston Globe so I just kind of always use it as a new source. I have a subscription on my phone where I can go in and see if the Celtics lost today or what the Governor is doing. I still get a lot of local news here so I can know what’s going on back home. I don’t necessarily look at this every day but it is the one I know best.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illusory Truth Effect

Supreme Court

Age of AI